How to Use Old Fishing Tackle in 8 New Ways
Do you have a collection of old fishing tackle that’s starting to take up too much room? Can’t bear to part with it just yet? You don’t have to get rid of it, just recycle it using these creative fishing tackle ideas!
WAYS TO RECYCLE YOUR FISHING TACKLE
1. Fishing Lure Keychain. Use a pair of split ring pliers to take the hooks off of a favorite old lure, and then recycle it by attaching it to a key chain. Every time you look down at your keys, you’ll be reminded of all the great catches you reeled using that fishing lure.
2. Shadow Box. Have fond memories of one or two fishing trips that were extra special? Maybe it was a trip to a particular lake where you caught your biggest fish or a weekend when you took the whole family to a beautiful fishing destination? Use an old lure from the fishing trip, an assortment of photos, and newspaper or brochure clippings from the trip to create a shadow box or memory box that includes items you used or picked up on your fishing adventure.
3. Place Cards. Are you helping to plan a birthday party or wedding for someone special who loves to fish? Create event place cards using fishing bobbers, ribbon and small paper tags or cards for the occasion.
4. Hurricane Candle Holder. Decorate the inside of a glass hurricane candle holder with smooth stones, sand or pieces of driftwood. Then, add a few pieces of old metal fishing tackle items, such as swivels or lures, around the inside of the candle holder. Remove all hooks from the fishing lures using split ring pliers for safety.
5. Decorative Photo Frame. Decorate a wooden picture frame using old fishing tackle and bobbers. Again, just remember to remove any fish hooks before using a glue gun to attach the tackle to your picture frame.
6. Fishing Net Lure Display. Clean an old net by dipping it in a bucket of warm soapy water and scrubbing with a toothbrush to remove any debris. Once dry, hang the net on a wall. Add old fishing tackle or lures to the net as a display. Don’t forget to crimp or remove the fish hooks.